- Views 0
- Likes 0
Yay! You can make this popular Chinese meal at home and enjoy the flavor of take-out with this simple and quick alternative– Lo Mein is so easy! I’ve included a little helpful hint that not only saves time but money too. Use reduced fat salad dressing to cook and flavor your meal. We all know how expensive spices and oil can be, so why not use a tasty dressing to do it all!
Here’s all you’ll need:
- 1/2 lb. whole wheat spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Reduced Fat Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing (If you cant find use any oriental dressing)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips (2 large breasts)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium, onion
- 2 bell peppers, red, green or yellow
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
1. Cook spaghetti in a large pan with plenty of water as directed on package.To make the lo mein easier to serve, break the spaghetti in half before boiling.
As you can see here, I love Barilla Whole Wheat. I think its the best tasing whole wheat spaghetti out there. Most people don’t even know they are eating a whole grain. Don’t tell them and they won’t know! Promise.
2. Meanwhile, prep all your ingredients. Cut the chicken into slices, slice the 2 bell peppers like this. And chop up some cilantro.
3. Now heat the salad dressing in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add the cut up chicken breast and garlic powder and stir-fry for 3 minutes until chicken is almost no longer pink.
4. Now add the cut up veggies, broth and peanut butter and stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until everything is cooked well and ready to eat.
5. Now was’nt that pretty easy so far? You’re almost done. Just sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve!
If you dont like cilantro you can try substituing chopped green onion for the cilantro.
A sprinkle of peanuts would taste great too along with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper if you like the spice! You can even substitute pork for the chicken.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 480 calories, 11 g fat, 57 g carb, 850 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 37 g protein